Bike rides for breakfast, pancakes for brunch.

Abbie Rae is moving to Denver for a few months, so this may be the last bike ride and brunch for a bit. Be there or be square, dudes and dudettes.

When: July 20, 2008

Where: 140 Ricardo Way NE in St. Pete

The bike ride begins at Northshore Park at 12:30 (meet at the picnic table near 15th Ave N). Brunch begins at 1:30 at the adress above. The donation is $5, and proceeds this month go to The Skirts.

Contact us at with questions.

See you in Jamlando.

Orlando Rat Race 2! The Skirts will be there! Riding bikes and slinging vegan cupcakes, cookies, and other goodies.

Visit for details.

Come visit us at the Rat Race after party and get you some baked goods. 25% of our proceeds go to CASA, and the remaining 75% go to Skirts programming, which includes girl-friendly workshops and training rides. 100% of our baked goods make happy tummies.

Email us at if you have questions or would like to volunteer.

July Bike Night at the Tampa Bike Co-Op

The Tampa Bike Co-Op hosts Bike Night every first Monday of the month at Transitions Art Gallery. Free bike help, free food, free fun.

The next one is July 7th at 7 pm. We'll see you there!

Ride with me girl, let me show you where we kick it at.

The Tuesday Night Skirts ride meets at 7 pm at 66fixed. All girls are welcome and encouraged to attend, regardless of your experience, age, or bicycle. This route changes week to week, so send us an email if you'd like to know where we're going this week. The Skirts have a no drop policy, so don't be shy about coming out to ride bikes with us!

We meet every Tuesday unless noted otherwise. Email us at with questions, suggestions, complaints, or compliments.

PS, we typically have meetings following the ride. Email us ahead of time if you'd like to attend a meeting and not the ride, and we will let you know where we'll be. 

Come see us at brunch!

The Skirts will be in attendance at this month's Snell Isle Brunch and Bike Ride. Meet at 12:30 at Northshore Park for the bike ride, or at 1:30 at 140 Ricardo Way NE for the brunch. The donation is $5, and proceeds this month go to Milton Animal League.

For the menu and more details, see Hooray Vegan.

PS, cinnamon rolls will also me in attendance.

About The Skirts

We are St. Pete's all-girl fixed-gear bike team, excited to get all girls on any bikes!

Our Mission Statement:

We believe a bicycle represents independence, self-sufficiency and mobility. Through cycling, we strive to empower women and girls.

Our Vision Statement:

Our vision is to encourage female cycling, to cultivate a more women-friendly cycling community, and to enrich the community through the following activities:

- Creating women-friendly training rides
- Creating an all-girl competitive team
- Creating women-friendly bicycle workshops
- Creating a bicycle festival to promote female cycling in the Tampa Bay area
- Partnering with CASA (Community Action Stops Abuse) through monetary donations and bicycle workshops
- Fundraising to benefit local women’s charities (such as CASA) and Skirts programs

Charter Board of Directors:

Pamela Tinnen, President and Co-Founder
Carolyn Bush, Vice President
Abbie Rae Harris, Board Member at Large
Stephanie Kiernan, Treasurer
Jen Norris, Co-Founder and former Director of Development
Erin Parke, Delegate Board Member

2009 Skirts Members:

Erin Parke, President
C. Judy Frasciello, treasurer
Cathryn Riddle, Vice President
Susan Dickson
Rita Webb
Cristina Ruperto
Sierra Brown
Maria Flores
Stephanie Agana

Retired Board Members:
Abbie Rae Harris
Jen Norris
Pamela Tinnen
Stephanie Kiernan
Carolyn Bush

We gladly accept donations! Additionaly, we accept on behalf of CASA and the Tampa Co-Op. Please email us for more information.

Wish Lists!

The Skirts will graciously accept baking supplies, arts and craft supplies and bicycle related donations.

CASA needs transportation related gifts (gas cards, bus passes, etc.), new personal care & hygiene Items and new clothing.

The Tampa Co-op seeks all bicycle related donations.